100+ of the Best Blogs in Cleveland to Follow
Play: CLE’s List of Notable Northeast Ohio Blogs
For years, Clevelanders have been showing off their creative sides, as well as their virtual savviness, with a variety of online platforms. Play: CLE is proud to be a part of this online community with a presence on social media, an online store, and an established blog that details our various deals and seasonal promotions.
In addition to writing our own content, we also love to read about what’s going on in Cleveland, all from the perspective of its residents! Because of this, we’ve compiled a list of the best blogs written by bloggers in the city.
If you’re looking for insights on everything from the best new restaurants in the city to last week’s Indians game and everything in between, you’ve come to the right place.
Our list is broken down into the following categories. Enjoy!
- Food/drink and wellness
- Fashion and lifestyle
- Regional sports
- Other news and happenings
Food/Drink and Wellness Blogs in Cleveland
- Bite Buff – Follow Katrina, Bite Buff’s author, as she visits and reviews restaurants all over the Cleveland area. Each post is accompanied with plenty of food pictures and valuable tidbits.
- Eat Drink Cleveland – As a blog that primarily covers food, author Crystal documents her meals from local restaurants and her own kitchen. She also covers events in the city such as festivals and holiday parties.
- Beard & the Broad – This blog is spearheaded by married couple Benjamin (“Beard”) and Julia (“Broad”). Give them a follow to see their detailed reviews of breweries, restaurants and other products from Cleveland and beyond.
- That’s What She Eats – Author and Cleveland resident Aubrey uses her blog to promote a variety of her own clean-eating recipes. From cookies to curry, there’s bound to be a meal fit for every palette!
- Tara the Foodie – As a self-proclaimed foodie, Tara posts pictures, videos and how-to’s for a variety of diet-friendly recipes. Her blog also includes various giveaways and reviews of Cleveland-area restaurants.
- Belly Laugh Living – This blog was created by a mother-daughter duo who are documenting their weight-loss journey by sharing products they love, recipes they’ve cooked and more.
- Edible Cleveland – The team at Edible Cleveland works to publish the stories behind our local food and its production. In addition to their quarterly magazine, they also have an online blog that discusses local food stands, gardening and more.
- Michael Ruhlman – In addition to this blog, chef Michael Ruhlman has also written more than twenty books about food and cooking. The same subject matter is covered in his regular posts that detail a variety of meals and recipes.
- Fitt CLE – This publication is for any Cleveland resident who prioritizes health and fitness, as it can be seen as a local guide for clean-eating restaurants, gyms to exercise at and any other wellness events in the city.
- Cleveland Health and Wellness – This center provides mental health guidance for patients, so it’s no surprise that its online blog is also packed with tips for improving your wellbeing along with other pieces of helpful advice.
- Northeast Ohio Brewery News – If you’re looking for the latest news and updates about local breweries, this is the right blog for you. It’s complete with pictures, reviews and more.
- Running Across Ohio – With the goal of completing every half marathon in Ohio, Emily has been documenting her journey and progress through this blog.
- Cook Drink Decorate – Kala, the creator of Cook Drink Decorate, gives her thoughts and insights about food, home ownership, traveling and other related topics.
- Chickpea in the City – Although she’s currently residing in Chicago, author Addie still offers tidbits, food pictures and other Cleveland-related content.
- CP Food Blog – This blog post is dedicated to reviewing the food and other aspects at Cedar Point. There’s also information for other amusement parks, such as ticket prices, menus and hours.
- Anderson’s Angels – Written by a wife and mother of four children, Anderson’s Angels offers family-friendly recipes, gift guides and more.
- Coffee, Pancakes and Dreams – Although its name includes coffee and pancakes, food is only a portion of the content on this blog, as it also revolves around motherhood and home décor.
- Eats with Claire – Focused on food, fitness and lifestyle, author Claire is a Cleveland resident who regularly posts about restaurants, recipes and other local content.
- Cleveland Water – This blog by the City of Cleveland primarily revolves around water and its various uses. Give it a follow for insights on household leaks, gardening and more.
- The Cleveland Flea – This flea market blog puts a spotlight on its regular vendors, who include local restaurants, personal chefs and more.
Parenting Blogs in Northeast Ohio
- Northeast Ohio Parent – This blog is dedicated to offering tips and insights for parents in Cleveland and all of northeast Ohio. Their resources include places to eat, things to do, directories and more.
- The Green Eyed Lady – Author Carissa offers parenting and lifestyle ideas, such as local events that are kid-friendly, along with reviews of various products.
- I Crashed the Web – As a self-proclaimed “mom and blogger, but not a mom blogger,” Melissa chronicles her exercises, adventures with her children, and more.
- Bits of Bri – This blogger combines motherhood with other lifestyle sectors such as fitness, home décor and fashion.
- The Samantha Show – This mom and Cleveland resident uses her blog to share things such as her latest family outings, tips for leaving the house with kids, and other parenting related content.
- CLE Baby – The blog for this parental education agency is filled with valuable tips on all aspects of raising a baby in the area.
- Your Milk Shoppe – This consultation center offers parenting workshops, and their blog is also a great asset as well. You can expect product reviews, personal stories and more.
- Lionheart Lamb – This business focuses on designing quality clothing for girls, and its blog also has content focused on the company and parenthood.
- Yoga Squirrel Kids – Yoga Squirrel Kids revolves around introducing yoga to children, with its blog posts being related to topics such as stress, yoga poses and more.
- Cleveland East Side Moms – This website is meant to serve as a place for moms on the east side of the city to connect, network, and learn something new about parenting and Cleveland.
- Cleveland West Side Moms – Like the East Side website, this is also a place for mothers to get to know each other and the city, but is designed for those residing in the west side.
- Cleveland Kids Guide – This website is a hub of resources for families looking for ideas on places to go, discounts on activities and reviews.
- Couponing with Rachel – This is a great website to bookmark if you want to learn more about couponing for your family. Rachel offers updates on products that she loves, classes you can attend and more.
- More Than Moms – The women behind this blog created it as an outlet to support each other in their various endeavors and connect with other moms in the area.
- Mom Fab Fun – Visit this blog for fun activities to do with kids, creative ways to celebrate various holidays and other general parenting insights.
- Adventure Mom Blog – Looking for a new adventure to go on with your kids? This blog is the right place, as author Nedra writes about her experiences at places in Cleveland and beyond.
- Mama the Fox – This blogger offers easy ways to make healthy choices for both you and your kids in your diets, living green and more.
- Coupon WAHM – Coupon Work at Home Mom offers tips for saving money, reviews on products, as well as deals at various stores in the area.
- Anna Cockayne – This blog has a wide range of content, from hidden gems in Ohio to giveaways and ideas for family crafting.
- Let’s Get Real Parents – With a focus on being realistic about everyday parenting, this new blog offers tales about the author’s family and other stories.
- Family Money Adventure – Follow Kevin and Barb as they help families gain control of their finances and plan a life of adventure they’ve dreamed about.
Fashion and Lifestyle Blogs in CLE
- Glam Karen – Karen is a fashion blogger who writes about everything from emerging trends to tips on self-care. Follow her blog for regular updates, promotions and giveaways.
- Black Girl in CLE – This collaborative blog is written by multiple Cleveland residents who are navigating the city’s restaurants, festivals, shops and events.
- Greatest Escapist – Author Kate has been writing and sharing stories on her blog since 2007. It’s grown into a platform about Cleveland, culture, food and more.
- Always Alicia – Blogger Alicia writes regular updates about her latest Cleveland outings, interviews with Playhouse Square’s cast and crew, as well as her yoga schedule as an instructor.
- The Wardrobe Consultant – As stylists, Hallie and Elana have been dressing locals in the area while also offering tips and fashion insights on their blog.
- George Hahn – By day, Hahn is a consultant for men providing tips on fashion, grooming and more. This has also been evident on his blog, where he posts regular updates.
- CLE Fashionista – Rachel offers snapshots of her life in the form of blog posts and photos. Her posts include Cleveland-specific information, as well as insights on other cities and places.
- The Hearts Delight – Followers of this blog can expect regular updates about beauty, home décor and style. Run by Stella, a mom of two and former Wall Street executive.
- The Dainty Squid – Kaylah shares updates about her latest projects/crafts, some of the places she’s explored, products she’s reviewed and more.
- She Walks in Purpose – This lifestyle blog covers fashion, beauty and travel with a faith-based perspective.
- Chels and Zoe – This duo posts a variety of fashion-forward entries about their favorite trends, outfits, stores and more.
- Styled by Sharrona – With a background in tourism and travel, Sharrona’s posts regularly include information about the trips she’s been on, as well as snapshots of her street style while wandering around Cleveland.
- Oh So Graceful – Caroline and Ally share this blog, where they write about their latest art projects, share interviews, and present tutorials and other valuable tidbits.
- By Travel and Error – Author Leah is based in Cleveland, so her writing focuses on both The Land and other cities she has plans to travel to.
- My Versatile Style – Michelle posts regularly about her outfits, as well as tips for creating unique outfits and finding places to shop.
- Oliver’s Twist – This lifestyle blog has an array of updates in categories such as beauty, life and travel. You can also purchase pieces from past outfits, skincare supplements and more.
- Your Local Girl Gang – This website and blog puts a spotlight on women-owned businesses in Cleveland. You can check out interviews with owners to learn more about their businesses on a weekly basis.
- Nearly All Things – Like it says in its name, this blog covers nearly all things related to lifestyle updates. You can expect beauty tips, healthy eats, book recommendations and more.
- Blissful Gal – Author Amanda created this blog as a way to provide product tips, share discounts, offer insights on beauty, and more.
Regional Sports Blogs
- Waiting for Next Year – This website is the ultimate source for everything related to professional sports in Cleveland, as well as college and minor leagues.
- Let’s Go Tribe – Indians fans can utilize this website as a source for news on the team’s rosters and the latest stats, as well as in-depth editorials.
- Fear the Sword – This publication is for Cavaliers fans who are looking for game odds, rosters and more. Fans can also post their thoughts via the website’s message board “Fanposts.”
- Dawgs by Nature – Bookmark this website to learn about the latest news and updates regarding the Browns. Even during off-season, you can expect year-round updates from their authors.
- Dawg Pound Daily – Learn about updates from the Browns while also browsing through opinion posts about the team’s past, present and future roster.
- Cleveland Sports Talk – This website discusses all things related to the Cavs, Indians and Browns. If you’re more of a visual person, they also have the option to “watch” their posts by viewing their various YouTube videos.
- NEO Sports Insiders – Northeast Ohio Sports Insiders is a place for fans of Cleveland’s professional and high school teams to gather more information about any breaking news or updates.
- SB Nation Cleveland – SB Nation has sports blogs for cities across the nation, but this one is specifically for Cleveland’s sports teams. Their posts include content on the Indians, Browns, Cavs and Monsters.
- Factory of Sadness – The Factory of Sadness provides news and schedules for all of Cleveland’s professional teams, as well as Ohio State.
- The Athletic Cleveland – This blog revolves around athletics in Cleveland, with content ranging from game recaps to think-piece insights on teams and players.
- King James Gospel – Although King James is no longer in Cleveland, this website still provides regular updates on the Cavs, both on and off-season.
- Believeland Ball – You can utilize this website to learn more about the Indians and rumors going on around trades, draft analyses, and minor perspectives.
- 92.3 the Fan – The popular sports radio station also has an online blog for its listeners to learn about the latest scores and updates in Cleveland sports.
- Cleveland Sports Torture – Cleveland fans have had to endure a fair amount of losses in the past, so the name of the blog is more than fitting. Their Twitter profile, which is linked on the site, has regular updates about the latest in the city’s sports news.
- Browns Plainly – This site has a variety of Browns-related content in forms such as articles, podcasts and videos.
- Clevs World – This is another source for news related to Cleveland sports, from the perspective of a local resident and fan. You can expect opinion pieces mixed with a sense of humor in every post.
- Cleveland Frowns – Run by a local attorney in his spare time, Cleveland Frowns is an outlet for fans to read about the team’s latest updates and news.
- MSR Ohio – The McCallister Scouting Report includes information about high school players in Cleveland and all throughout Ohio to watch, as they may be valuable assets to teams in the future.
- Did the Tribe Win Last Night? – This website is dedicated to the Indians, providing relevant updates about the team’s games, as well as franchise history and other tidbits.
- England Tribe – This blog about the Indians is run by a resident in England who offers his perspective on the team from across the pond.
Other Cleveland News and Happenings
- Empowered and Poised – This blog is run by a network of women who contribute a variety of entries which include personal stories, tips/recommendations and more.
- Cleveland Appraisal – If you’re looking for insights on buying a home or the real estate market in general for Cleveland, this blog can be a helpful resource.
- Ronald McDonald House: CLE – The Ronald McDonald House in Cleveland features many stories and successes from both volunteers and the organization as a whole.
- Cleveland Foundation – The Cleveland Foundation’s blog highlights various people and organizations doing good things in the community.
- Dogs in the CLE – Like their name suggests, this website provides information about dogs in the area, which includes dog-friendly businesses, details about adopting/fostering and more.
- Hippie Chemist – This local shop that focuses on all-natural skincare has a journal portion on its website with a number of insightful wellness tips and tricks.
- Cleveland Scene – Cleveland Scene has a variety of posts that include news articles, opinion pieces and more, as long as it points back to The Land.
- Cool Cleveland – Use Cool Cleveland as a guide to the city’s neighborhoods, festivals, restaurants and various events.
- Crain’s Cleveland – Learn more about Cleveland’s various business developments and endeavors by reading this blog on a regular basis.
- Why CLE? – As “a blog about why we’re here,” Why CLE? gathers information about Cleveland’s latest events and activities – complete with plenty of pictures.
- i heart cleveland – This blog is a guide for things to see, taste, and do within the city. Expect updates about restaurants, shops, gyms and more.
- This Is Cleveland – This publication is geared toward both residents and non-residents, as it provides guides on things to do, places to stay in the city and much more.
- Live Cleveland – Learn more about each of Cleveland’s neighborhoods on this website. You’ll find information about schools in the area, events, housing and more.
- Literary Cleveland – This blog is designed to be a community of the area’s readers and writers, and features interviews, updates about classes, information about relevant events and more.
- Carol and John’s – The blog for this comic store in Kamm’s Corner features information about their newest releases and employee spotlights.
- Green City Blue Lake – Run by the Museum of Natural History, the blog is filled with practical ways to be more sustainable in our daily lives.
- Women’s Network – The blog for this networking website contains internal updates, interviews with members and recaps from seminars, to name a few.
- Adventures in Northeast Ohio – If you’re looking for a fun way to spend a day in northeast Ohio, utilize this blog! They’ve got information on activities for every season and interest.
- City Club of Cleveland – Written by staff members of City Club, this blog primarily features weekly stories and opinions about free speech and how the topic’s making the news today.
- Today’s Bride – This blog contains a variety of tips, tricks and other information about wedding planning, as well as inspiration from other weddings and receptions.
- Cleveland Film – This blog is run by the Greater Cleveland Film Commission and it puts a spotlight on local films, filmmakers, theatre productions and more.
- Natty Gal – Natty Gal, aka Betsy, provides recipes, style tips, travel ideas and other everyday thoughts in order to achieve a simple but satisfying life in Cleveland.
Don’t Forget About Play: CLE’s Blog!
Looking for deals, promotions, and more Cleveland insights? Follow our blog for regular updates! Here are some of our most popular blog entries:
Also, if you think we should add another Cleveland-area blog to our list, let us know today.
Everything You Need to Know About the Youth Play: Ninja Competition
Calling all ninjas 17 and under!
Want to show off your ninja skills? Sign up for our Youth Play: Ninja Competition and see if you’ve got what it takes to be the winning ninja of your age group.
Here’s everything you need to know about the event and how to register!
When and Where Is It?
The Play: Ninja Competition will take place over spring break, March 26-28 at Play: CLE.
The facility will be open for competitors to practice and hone their skills all day on March 26, and the competition days will be March 27 and 28, from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Ninja Day (March 26)
All day on Tuesday, March 26, Play: CLE will be open for competitors to come and practice on custom courses designed just for the competition.
Competitors can get $10 all-day admission on Ninja Day, and will be able to rotate through a variety of ninja courses throughout the day.
You will also have the option to participate in private or group ninja training classes with some of our Play: CLE trainers!
Competition Day 1 (March 27): Ninjas 10 and Under
We’ll open our first day of competition with our younger ninjas.
The age groups will be divided as follows:
The competition will take place from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m., and all genders will compete together, so make sure you bring your game face!
Run times will be announced the week before the competition.
Competition Day 2 (March 28): Ages 11 – 17
For the second day of competition, we’ll take things up a notch with our older ninja competitors.
The age groups will be as follows:
The competition will run from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m., and all genders will compete together.
As with the younger age groups, run times will be announced the week before the competition.
What Is the Competition Format?
Winners of the Play: Ninja Competition will be selected based on the least number of faults a competitor has, as well as the lowest run time.
There will be a two-minute cap on runs to ensure everyone has time to compete.
1st Place Per Age Group:
- Three-month membership to Play: CLE
- Custom merch
- Free entry to next Play: Ninja Competition
- Five free Ninja Classes
- Picture/spot on our website until next competition
2nd Place Per Age Group:
- Two-month membership to Play: CLE
- Three free Ninja Classes
3rd Place Per Age Group:
- One-month membership to Play: CLE
- One free Ninja Class
How Do You Register?
Does your child want to become a Play: CLE ninja? Visit our Event Listings and choose the age bracket to register.
Catch our early-bird pricing and get a free Ninja Competition T-shirt!
- Early-bird Registration (March 4 – March 10): $35 early bird (includes custom Ninja Competition T-Shirt)
- Normal Registration (March 11 – March 26): $45 (no T-Shirt included)
Please note that spacing is limited, so we will only be accepting 15 competitors for both the 6 and under age bracket and the 15-17 age bracket. There will be a total of 45 competitors (combined) for all other age groups.
Hurry and reserve your spot today!
5 Reasons to Have Your Birthday Party at Play: CLE
When you’re planning a birthday party for your son or daughter, you want to give them something special. So in addition to all the practical things you need to do, finding a memorable activity or location is top of mind.
At Play: CLE, we can fulfill all of these aspects and more. If you’re looking for fun places for kids’ birthdays, our indoor adventure park is your best bet.
Let’s take a look at everything our Adventurer Birthday Package can offer you and the little ones on the big day!
1. We Handle Planning and Clean Up
When you book a birthday party at Play: CLE, you don’t need to worry about all the practicalities that normally come with party prep. We’ll take care of the food and drinks, desserts, plates and silverware, decorations and more.
And best of all, when everything’s over, there’s no messy cleanup to worry about – our staff will take care of it all so you can focus on having fun and giving your child a wonderful day!
2. We Provide a Private Party Room and an Adventure Guide
Guests who come to Play: CLE for a birthday party get access to our private party room for three hours, making it easy for parents to keep kids’ belongings organized while everyone is out enjoying our numerous attractions.
We also supply an adventure guide for every birthday party we host to ensure everything goes smoothly and all your guests’ needs are seen to.
3. We Provide the Food!
Our Adventurer Birthday Package will let you and all your guests indulge in some delicious treats! As part of our birthday package, you will receive:
- One full sheet pizza of 40 slices, with cheese and 1 additional topping
- Unlimited soft drinks and water
- A ¼ sheet cake or 2 dozen cupcakes
Additionally, you can speak to our staff during booking to determine if there is anything else from our menu that you’d like to include at an added charge. And outside food is permitted, so the kids won’t have to miss out on grandma’s homemade brownies!
4. We Want Everyone to Have a Good Time
When you come to Play: CLE for a birthday party all of your event’s guests will get access to our wonderful attractions. Our Adventurer Birthday Package is designed for up to 12 guests, though more can be added. Additionally, two parents or guardians can take part free of charge!
Our indoor adventure park has so many things for everyone to do and so many ways for the kids to have fun. And if you plan on having a lot of particularly active guests, you could let them know you’re having an “obstacle course birthday party” or a “ninja warrior birthday party,” because our venue has equipment both options!
Attractions at Play: CLE include:
Through fun obstacle course racesand other activities, you’ll give the kids some terrific memories (and a great way to burn off some energy)!
Keep in mind that some of our attractions do have height and weight requirements, so consult our individual pages above for info.
5. We Have an On-Site Restaurant and Bar
Last but not least, when you come to Play: CLE for a birthday party you can stop by our bar and restaurant while you’re here.
We have a host of delicious appetizers and treats, like our signature Play: Dough Bites, along with a selection of specialty drinks, wines, and craft beers.
Ready to Schedule Your Party? Reach Out to Us!
If you’ve been searching for fun places for kids’ birthdays in Cleveland, you’ve hit the jackpot with Play: CLE! Contact our team to book the big day.
One Year of Play: CLE – How Far We’ve Come (And What’s in Store!)
Our Grand Opening
After months of construction, we finally opened our doors on December 2, 2017. We proudly unveiled the country’s largest indoor adventure park to the city of Cleveland and haven’t looked back!
During the last twelve months, there’s been a number of holidays celebrated at Play: CLE! From Presidents’ Day to Halloween (both pictured below) and everything else in between, we’ve been happy to provide indoor, family-friendly ways to have fun on your favorite days of the year!
Promotions and Parties
Here at Play: CLE, we’re always on the hunt for fun new event ideas! Because of this, our team has hosted a number of great promotions, parties and themed nights:
- Seasonal Deals and Promotions
From bar specials during Browns games to Black Friday deals, we love to give our customers worthwhile offers. Stay on the lookout for discounts on food, admission, gift cards and more!
- Corporate Events and Birthday Parties
We have various packages available for birthday parties and corporate events. Simply get in touch with us at any time to book your next celebration with family and friends.
In the last year, we’ve collaborated with a wide range of Cleveland-based businesses. From holding their holiday parties to hosting food trucks and fitness events, the possibilities for partnerships with local businesses are endless!
In October, we partnered with Athlete Warrior Games to throw our first-ever Ninja Competition. It was a huge success, with hundreds of kids and adults participating, as well as many spectators on deck to cheer on their loved ones.
Come to Our First Anniversary Weekend Bash!
Because this year has been so fun, we want to go all out for our first anniversary. From Saturday, Decemeber 1 to Sunday, December 2, we’ll be hosting two days of events filled with music, food, giveaways and much more!
- Saturday, December 1: Food Trucks and Silent DiscoOn the eve of our anniversary, we’ll be celebrating with the following fun:
- Food Trucks (3 to 6 p.m.)
- Silent Disco (10 p.m. to midnight)
- Music by a DJ
- Scavenger hunt and other games throughout the day
- Speed wall and mini ninja competitions
- Bar specials
- Sunday, December 2: Our One-Year AnniversaryReady for a Sunday funday? To celebrate being open for exactly one year, we’ll be offering the following to everyone who walks in our doors:
- Bubble Tea from a local vendor
- Wall ball games
- Birthday cake and ice cream
- Beer tastings sponsored by Heidelberg
For more information on our anniversary weekend bash or to secure your spot for the lock-in, please give us a call at 440-695-3565.
Thanks for a Great Year, Cleveland!
As you can tell from the events, parties and promotions we’ve hosted in the last 12 months, it’s been a great year for Play: CLE.
Thank you to everybody who’s come to our adventure park for an afternoon of fun, a corporate party, a birthday event and everything else in between. We can’t wait to celebrate our upcoming anniversary with all of you!
Looking for a Great Black Friday Deal? Come Check Out Play: CLE!
With Thanksgiving right around the corner it’s time to start thinking about what your Black Friday plans will be. A great way to work off the extra calories from your Thanksgiving feast is to challenge yourself on all the courses at Play: CLE!
For Black Friday, we’ll be running some deals you can take advantage of as well!
- When you buy a $100 gift card in store you’ll get an extra $20 gift card added for free
- $420 kids’ annual membership when you purchase on Black Friday. You will have the option to pay monthly at $35 dollars. The membership includes:
- All-day admission while open to the public
- Play: CLE T-shirt
- 2 guest passes per month
- 1 free fitness class per week
- 50% off any competitions hosted at Play: CLE
- $600 adult annual membership when you purchase on Black Friday. You will have the option to pay monthly at $50 dollars. The membership includes:
- All-day admission while open to the public
- Play: CLE T-shirt
- 2 guest passes per month
- 1 free fitness class per week
- 50% off any competitions hosted at Play: CLE
- $1,500 friend/family membership when you purchase on Black Friday. Includes:
- All-day admission while open to the public for 4 individuals
- Play: CLE T-shirt for each
- 2 guest passes per month per person
- 1 free fitness class per week per person
- 50% off any competitions hosted at Play: CLE per person
- $75 stocking stuffer. Includes:
- Silipint cup
- All-day pass
- $10 food voucher
- On Cyber Monday, you’ll get the same gift card deal above – a $100 gift card purchase nets you an extra $20 gift card – but this time it will be available in our online store.
Quantities are limited, so come bright and early! If you have any questions for us, be sure to reach out.
Register for Our Upcoming Ninja Competition with Athlete Warrior Games!
Hey, ninjas! Looking for a way to be active, have fun and win prizes? Register for our upcoming Ninja Competition with Athlete Warrior Games!
This competition will be hosted in our facility using our obstacle equipment, and will occur on Sunday, October 28 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Not to mention, we designed a specific and unique course just for this event!
Compete and Put Your Ninja Training to the Test!
Think you have what it takes to compete? This will be a great opportunity to push yourself physically, meet other ninjas, and have a blast!
When registering, you’ll be put into a Kids or Adults division based on your age and you’ll compete in the wave of your division.
- Boys & Girls: 6-7
- Boys & Girls: 8-10
- Boys & Girls: 11-13
- Boys & Girls: 14-16
First place winners in each Kids Division age group will receive the following:
- $100 Play: CLE gift card
- 1-month membership
- Play: CLE T-shirt
- Female Group 1: 17-24
- Female Group 2: 25-35
- Female Group 2: 36+
- Male Group 1: 17-27
- Male Group 2: 28-38
- Male Group 3: 39+
Winners in each Adult Division age group will receive the following:
- $75 for each division winner
- $200 for top overall winner
- Play: CLE T-shirt
In each division, your age will be determined at the beginning of the season for Athlete Warrior Games (August 26, 2018); whatever age you are when the season begins is the age group you must compete in all season long.
Day of Competition Schedule
For all divisions, please arrive 15 minutes early for check-in.
- 10 a.m. – Kids Check-In
- 10:30 a.m. – Kids Walk-Through (intro, course details, etc.)
- 11 a.m. – Kids Races Begin!
- 11:30 a.m. – Kids Wave 1
- 12 p.m. – Kids Wave 2
- 12:30 p.m. – Kids Wave 3
- 1:15 p.m. – Kids Awards
- 1:30 p.m. – Adults Check-In
- 2 p.m. – Adults Walk-Through (intro, course details, etc.)
- 2:30 p.m. – Adults Races Begin/Wave 1
- 3:30 p.m. – Adults Wave 2
- 4:30 p.m. – Adults Wave 3
- 5:30 p.m. – Adults Awards and After Party
Competition Registration and Other Details
Register for our competition today on our online store! Be sure to register as soon as possible, as spots are limited.
Take advantage of our Early Bird Pricing, good until October 21:
- Before 10/21 – $25
- After 10/21 – $35
- Before 10/21 – $35
- After 10/21 – $45
Registered? Here Are Some Things You Can Do Leading Up to Competition Day
- Fill out an Online Waiver – All competitors must fill out a waiver – save time and fill one out online now!
- RSVP to Our Facebook Event – Click “Going” to our Facebook event and share it with your friends and family today!
- Learn About Athlete Warrior Games – Learn more about the competition, such as where other competitions are, by going to the Athlete Warrior Games website.
If you have questions about the competition or registration process, please fill out our online contact form, email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 440-695-3565.
We look forward to seeing you on the 28th!
Starting to Get Too Cold Outside? Take the Fun Indoors This Fall with Play: CLE!
Most Clevelanders know that come fall, our weather takes a turn for the worst, which means that things to do in Cleveland with kids are going to be limited.
So with cool temperatures nearing and many favorite outdoor spots closing for the season, come learn what awaits you at our indoor obstacle course gym in Avon, Ohio!
Why We Are One of the Best Places for Indoor Activities for Families in Cleveland
While you’re searching for indoor activities in Cleveland, it’s likely you will come across many of the basic things you can do indoors – go to the movies, go shopping, etc. Since you’ll probably do these things no matter what, why not plan something that gets the adrenaline pumping for you and your entire crew?
There aren’t a lot of options for exciting things to do in Cleveland with kids during the cold months, but Play: CLE is indoors and open year round so our facility can always be a place to go when you’re looking for fun!
Our adventure park offers:
- A bouldering wall that has 4 different difficulty levels
- A variety of climbing walls placed throughout the facility
- Our bar and restaurant that allows you to fuel your play time
- A kids’ area perfect for those 4 and up
- Two ninja warrior courses for you to live out your dreams of competing on TV
- Our parkour course for you to challenge your friends and family
- Our ropes course with a variety of challenge elements
- A zip line that can take you 20mph through the air
We also offer fitness classes for all ages, and additionally have the ability to be your venue for:
- Your next birthday party
- Corporate holiday parties and events
- Group events for up to 300+ people
- Learn More About Our Indoor Obstacle Course Gym on Our Blog!
We regularly post new articles about things going on at our Avon, Ohio facility, as well as fitness advice and more! Check out some of our recent blog posts below:
- Athletes Looking for a Training Facility Can Work Out and Have Fun at Play: CLE
- 5 Reasons You’ll Love Play: CLE, Cleveland’s Newest Adventure Park
- 5 Benefits of a Rock-Climbing Workout
- Play: CLE Q&A
- Discover Great Things to Do in Cleveland with Kids by Coming to Play: CLE
- Start planning an upcoming event or just stop by anytime during our fall hours to get in on the fun! And to keep the entertainment going all week long, be sure
- to stop by for one of our theme nights!
For pricing and info on month and annual passes, head over to our rates page.
And if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us. We look forward to seeing you come out and PLAY!
Athletes Looking for a Training Facility Can Work Out and Have Fun at Play: CLE
Are you looking for the perfect place to train for your next athletic adventure? Our obstacle course training facility in Cleveland, Ohio can provide you with a wide variety of terrific activities that can give you a full-body workout and help you get into peak form.
Read on to discover all that our Cleveland rock climbing gym and obstacle course facility can do for you!
Our Cleveland-Area Obstacle Course Training Gym
No matter your sport or physical activity of choice, our indoor adventure park in Avon, Ohio can help you get fit, stay strong, and be ready for anything. Our facility is perfect if you’re looking to ready yourself for:
- Half marathons
- Tough Mudders
- American Ninja Warrior
- Obstacle courses
Through our wide range of attractions, you can work on your parkour basics, get in your Tough Mudder training, and push yourself to the limit all without leaving the Cleveland area!
Let’s take a look at everything Play: CLE can offer!
Ways to Train
At Play: CLE, we provide diverse ways to train. Some of the attractions you’ll love taking part in include:
- Climbing Wall – Our facility houses several different climbing walls at varying difficulty levels to ensure that our guests can truly challenge themselves. On these walls you can both go it alone or compete with a friend, giving you some real versatility in your training!
- Ropes Course – If you’re looking for a serious test of your abilities and endurance, you’ll certainly want to give our ropes course a try. With 30 different obstacle elements suspended 25 feet in the air, if you can tackle our course you can tackle anything. Features include bridges, cable walkways, climbing nets, mazes, and more.
- Bouldering Wall – Constructed to be longer and higher than other indoor facilities’ walls, our bouldering wall can provide you with the fun and challenging workout you’ve been seeking. Best yet, it features four difficulty levels ranging from beginner to hard, so no matter where you’re at in your training there’s sure to be a level that fits your needs.
- Parkour – Our parkour course provides a range of obstacles to keep you active and light on your feet. Best yet, it’s timed, so you can work to boost your abilities while striving to beat your personal best.
- Ninja Warrior Course – There’s no better place to get your Cleveland obstacle course training in than at our ninja warrior course, one of the largest in the Midwest! With multiple lanes each with 5+ challenge elements and a 3-tiered warp wall, you’ll have plenty of ways to test your abilities.
- Fitness Classes – At Play: CLE, not only can you train on your own, but you can hone your abilities with the help of dedicated fitness professionals. We have classes designed for kids (6-12), teens (13-17), and adults, with focuses on aspects like cross-training, cardio, strength, agility, and more. Private training and group training are also available!
Ways to Play
If you need to blow off some steam after a race or in between training sessions, we’ve got you covered. In addition to the terrific attractions listed above, our indoor adventure park in Avon, Ohio offers:
- Zip Lining – Race across the length of our facility at speeds greater than 20 miles per hour. If you need a little adrenaline rush, this is the activity for you!
- Drinks and Dinner – After a long day of training you need to recharge, so it’s time to head to our restaurant and bar! With a wide variety of snacks, appetizers, sandwiches, salads, and more available, you’re sure to find something to satisfy. And don’t forget our delicious Play: Dough Bites for dessert, and our assortment of wines, craft beers, and specialty drinks!
Looking for Races and Other Events? Check These Out!
Ready for your next challenge? Mud Run Guide provides a thorough list of endurance races in Ohio you’ll want to scope out. And if you’re looking for an official Tough Mudder workout near Cleveland, the Tough Mudder website lists all the events happening across the country, so you can find one that fits your schedule.
Hermes Road Racing also provides a terrific list of Cleveland-area events like The Turkey Trot, Moms Rock 5k, St. Patrick’s Day Run, and the Reindeer Run.
Challenge Yourself at Play: CLE!
Start your obstacle course training in Cleveland with the help of Play: CLE! If you have any questions about all our facility can provide, be sure to reach out to our dedicated team today!
40 Fun Things to Do in Cleveland During the Summertime
Summer has finally arrived in Cleveland, Ohio and that means lots of new and familiar places to go, things to do, and areas to explore. So if you’re looking for fun places for kids in the summer – on both the East and West sides – look no further!
Our master list of things to do in Cleveland during the summer includes a wide variety of options, ensuring that every family member will have fun. From outdoor attractions to rainy-day activities for kids in the summer, we’ve included something for everyone!
But first, let’s look at a few highlights at Play: CLE.
Group Events, Classes, and More at Play: CLE
Play: CLE is the perfect spot if you’re planning a summer birthday, group outing, or corporate event. You can find out detailed info on all that we can provide for you and your guests on our groups page.
Additionally, fitness classes are underway at Play: CLE, and we offer packages geared toward kids, teens, adults, and families. Private training and group training is also available, so head over to our classes page to find the program that works best for you!
Summer Hours at Play: CLE
Because kids are out of school and are likely to have more time to ninja with us, we’re now open for our extended summer hours:
- Monday – Closed for private events
- Tuesday – Open to public, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Ninja Night 7-9 p.m.
- Wednesday – Open to public, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Ladies Night 7-9 p.m.
- Thursday – Open to public, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Adults Only Night 7-9 p.m.
- Friday – Open to public, 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.; College Night (Drink Specials 7-10 p.m.)
- Saturday – Open 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sunday – Open 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Community Night 4-7 p.m.
Outdoor Activities in Cleveland
As the temperature rises, so do your chances for fun in the sun, thanks to the following Cleveland, Ohio summer activities.
Parks & Playgrounds
- Cleveland Metroparks – Visit one (or all!) of the 18 reservations located throughout Cuyahoga County and Hinckley Township, where you can walk the trails, rent kayaks, go fishing, and much more.
- Downtown Dog Park – Have a furry friend who wants to play? This dog park has a fenced in area of nearly 3,500 square feet so your pup can run around and have a blast!
- Holden Arboretum – Another great thing to do in Cleveland during the summer is to go to the arboretum, which features the Murch Canopy Walk, assorted gardens, insightful seminars and more.
- Brunswick Dog Park – Another dog park where you can take your furry friends is this 17-acre area in Brunswick where dogs can be let off their leashes.
- Preston’s H.O.P.E. – As the largest fully accessible playground in northeast Ohio, Preston’s H.O.P.E. (Helping Others Play & Enjoy) was designed for children with all types of abilities and disabilities.
Waterfalls, Parks and Pools
- Pioneer Waterland & Dry Fun Park – Located in Chardon, this East side water park has slides, pools, a lazy river paddle boating area, and more. Don’t want to get wet? Check out their mini golf, go-karts, or batting cages!
- Splash Park – This Broadview Heights park has a number of features for children such as a playground, pavilion and skate park.
- Water Works Family Aquatic Center – East siders looking for fun Cleveland, Ohio summer activities can go to this water park, complete with slides, a lazy river and more.
- Paine Falls Park – View a scenic waterfall with two tiers and a 30-foot drop at Paine Falls Park located in Painesville.
- Uhrichsville Water Park – This outdoor water park has attractions for children of all age groups, such as two-story slides and a water playground.
Other Fun Activities
- Aut-O-Rama Twin Drive-In Theatre – Once the sun goes down, a great way to have fun outdoors is by going to a drive-in movie theatre. Come by during “Retro Tuesdays” for a variety of classic films during the summer months.
- Fitch’s Farm Market – Another location on our list of fun places for kids in the summer is this Avon, Ohio market where families can pick strawberries, corn, peaches and more.
- Timber Ridge Campground – Take your family camping in the great outdoors at this Amherst campground, complete with shuffleboard, an arcade, playgrounds and more!
- Airport Go-Karts – Enjoy go-karting at Airport Go-Karts, which has the largest oval concession kart track in northeastern Ohio.
- Sweeties Golfland – Choose between 18 or 36 holes at this miniature golf course located on Brookpark Road, complete with a 5,000-gallon pond with fish and lilies, a water wheel, and illuminating lights.
Sightseeing and Tourist Attractions
Whether you’re a local or just visiting, there are plenty of tourist attractions in northeast Ohio that are worth checking out this summer! If you’ve found yourself taking in a beautiful sunny day or you’re looking for indoor, rainy-day activities for kids in the summer, Cleveland has it all.
Outdoor Sightseeing Options
- Cleveland Metroparks Zoo – Children and adults will both find plenty to love at the zoo, which features a host of species along with a variety of educational programs revolving around the wildlife.
- Cedar Point – Travel to Sandusky for a day at Cedar Point, one of the nation’s most popular amusement parks. With roller coasters, dining, campgrounds and more, there’s something for everybody.
- East 4th Street in Downtown Cleveland – In the heart of Downtown Cleveland is East 4th Street, an area of bars, shops and restaurants complete with a scenic string-light walkway.
- Cleveland Indians – One of the most popular things to do in Cleveland during the summer is to go to an Indians game. Located downtown, Progressive Field has indoor and outdoor seating as well as amenities for children, and food and drinks from numerous local restaurants and bars.
- Rocky River Reservation – Explore the wonders of nature at this West side park that features trails, a nature center, venues available for reservation, and more.
- Edgewater Beach – Dip your toes into the lake and enjoy a scenic view of Downtown Cleveland at Edgewater Beach, which has swimming access, concession stands and more.
- Wendy Park & Whiskey Island – Just outside of Edgewater Beach is Wendy Park & Whiskey Island Marina, an outdoor area featuring a marina, volleyball courts, and walking areas.
Indoor Sightseeing Options
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame – Learn about the past, present and future of rock and roll at the Rock Hall, located in Downtown Cleveland.
- West Side Market – Cleveland’s oldest public market has hundreds of vendors selling a wide range of foods such as fruits and veggies, desserts and the area’s beloved pierogis.
- Museum of Contemporary Art – Children and adults will find something they love in this museum located downtown. All visitors get free admission the first Saturday of every month!
- A Christmas Story House – The residence that served as the exterior of the house in the classic holiday movie A Christmas Story is located in the Tremont neighborhood and is open year-round! Guests can tour the house or even stay overnight.
- Great Lakes Science Center – This is another fun place for kids to go to in the summer because of its educational opportunities, variety of exhibits and range of special events.
- Cleveland Museum of Natural History – Learn about everything from dinosaurs to astronomy to sailing expeditions at this museum that’s been open since 1920.
- Greater Cleveland Aquarium – See thousands of freshwater and saltwater animals that represent more than 250 aquatic species. With 50 exhibits, you’ll get to learn all about sharks, turtles, jellyfish and more.
Cleveland’s Events and Festivals
In addition to the array of Cleveland, Ohio summer activities mentioned so far, there are also a variety of festivals, concerts and other events that families can attend.
- Movies in the Park – Every Thursday night from June 7 to August 30, Crocker Park plays a different family-friendly movie, with both new releases and classics on the schedule. The event is free and begins at 8 p.m.
- Edgewater Live – This reoccurring event features a variety of local musicians, an assortment of food trucks in the parking lot, and a happy hour for adults.
- Cleveland Flea – This monthly flea market from May to September brings more than 10,000 shoppers and 170 vendors to the Tyler Village area in Cleveland’s AsiaTown neighborhood. Purchase home décor, vintage apparel and more.
- Chalk Festival – Children and adults can attend this festival at the Cleveland Museum of Art and join professional artists to draw on the walkways around their Fine Arts Garden.
- Touch a Truck – This event is hosted by the Willoughby Hills Fire Department and lets children touch and learn about firetrucks, police cars and other service vehicles.
- Ashland Balloonfest – 2018 marks the 28th year of this hot air balloon festival, which includes 20-30 balloons in an array of shapes and designs.
- Headlands Beachfest – You can expect fun and entertainment at this festival which offers sand art sculptors, a variety of food trucks, and games for children.
- Taste of Tremont – This annual event is a fun place for kids in the summer, and their parents, as it features live music, food trucks, shopping vendors and more – all in the heart of Tremont on Professor Avenue.
- Burning River Fest – Hosted by Great Lakes Brewing Company, this family-friendly festival features their latest beers, as well as live music and food trucks.
- Fairview Summerfest – Come to this festival for a parade, carnival rides, live entertainment and more.
Come See Us at Play: CLE!
Our list of things to do in Cleveland during the summer wouldn’t be complete without highlighting all Play: CLE can do for family fun! We have an array of attractions within our indoor, air-conditioned adventure park, which include our:
- Zip line
- Ropes course
- Climbing wall
- Ninja warrior course
- Parkour course
- Bouldering wall
- Dining area/bar
- Kids’ area
We’ll be hosting a number of events throughout the summer and we’d love to see you and your family there! Be sure to ‘like’ our Facebook page for more updates on these events.
If you have any questions about our facility or are interested in hosting your own event at Play: CLE, such as a birthday party or corporate event, reach out to us today!
Join Play: CLE for Our Theme Nights All Summer Long!
Starting June 11, we will be starting our new summer hours, and will also begin hosting various theme nights every day of the week for visitors to participate in. These include college night, community night, and more!
Keep on reading to get the inside scoop on everything we’ve got planned. We hope to see you soon at our adventure park in Avon, Ohio!
Extended Summer Hours and Theme Night Schedule
Our new summer hours will soon be under way to ensure that you and your friends and family never get bored. Play: CLE is the perfect place to go during rainy summer days or when you just need a break from the heat but still want to have fun!
Our summer hours will be:
- Monday – Closed for private events
- Tuesday – Open to public 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Ninja Night 7-9 p.m.
- Wednesday – Open to public 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Ladies
Night 7-9 p.m.
- Thursday – Open to public 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Adults Only Night 7-9 p.m.
- Friday – Open to public 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.; College Night (Drink specials 7-10 p.m.)
- Saturday – Open 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sunday – Open 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Community Night 4-7 p.m.
Details for Play: CLE’s Theme Nights
Introducing our latest summer special – theme nights. We are so excited to have you join us for these special nights at our adventure park in Avon!
Find a theme night that’s perfect for you and come out to Play: CLE for loads of fun and receive access to admission discounts, drink specials, and more!
- $10 admission from 7-9 p.m.
- No harnessed activities
- Obstacle course racing and parkour obstacles open
- $15 admission from 7-9 p.m.
- Women only
- Whole facility open
- Bar specials
Adult Only Night
- $25 all day admission
- Adults only from 7-9 p.m.
- Dinner specials
- 50% off admission with College ID
- $2 domestic beers
50% off admission with proof of residence of the following locations:
- Week 1: Avon
- Week 2: Avon Lake
- Week 3: Rocky River/Fairview
- Week 4: Westlake
- Week 5: Elyria/Vermillion
- Week 6: Lakewood
- Week 7: Lorain/Amherst
- Week 8: Bay Village
- Week 9: North Olmsted/
- Week 10: Sheffield/
- Week 11: Cleveland/North Ridgeville
Have You Checked Out Our New Drink Menu?
When you come to our extended summer hours and themed nights, you’ll get the chance to check out our latest drink menu, featuring plenty of cocktails perfect for cooling you down this summer!
Learn Everything You Need to Know Before You Come
To make planning your experience at Play: CLE as easy as possible, we’ve put together two helpful articles for newcomers. Check them out for key insights:
And if you have any questions about booking birthday parties, private events, and more, be sure to reach out today!